Appeal of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to the parliaments of foreign states, the European Parliament and to the parliamentary assemblies of the international organizations to extend and toughen sanctions against the Russian Federation for organizing terrorist acts in Ukraine.
The Russian Federation continues to blatantly violate the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine and turns into a terrorist state. The increasing numbers of arrested terrorists - citizens of the Russian Federation and Ukraine, who have been trained to conduct terrorist acts in Ukraine in special centers for reconnaissance and sabotage groups in Russia, pose a threat to the territorial integrity of Ukraine and of the neighboring countries. Moreover, their participation in the aggression against people of Syria is an evidence of the transnational terrorism policy of Russia’s leadership.
On 9 December 2015, another subversive group led by a citizen of the Russian Federation was detained in Kyiv and Kharkiv. Russia’s attempts to conduct terrorist attacks and subversions in large Ukrainian cities indicate Russia’s transition to the path of the state terrorism.
In this regard, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine calls on the parliaments of foreign states, the European Parliament and the parliamentary assemblies of the international organizations:
- to urge Russia to stop its aggression against Ukraine;
- to extend and toughen sanctions against the Russian Federation;
- to establish personal sanction lists against the leadership of the Russian Federation who set up the state terrorist regime;
- to intensify the international monitoring of human rights situation in the regions under Russia’s occupation and to immediately respond to any violations;
- to support the efforts of Ukraine aimed at the release of Ukrainian citizens illegally detained in the Russian Federation;
- to prevent impunity for those responsible for crimes against humanity committed since the beginning of Russian terrorist aggression against Ukraine;
- to insist on the full and unconditional fulfillment by Russia of its obligations under the Minsk agreements.
We demand from the Russian Federation to stop its aggression against Ukraine, to immediately and unconditionally release all Ukrainian political hostages and prisoners and to stop the practice of international terrorism.